What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a cosmetic procedure that removes the top layers of your skin. The procedure aims to remove fine wrinkles and deep acne scarring, as well as make the skin’s surface look smooth. Dermaplaning is safe for most people, with little risk of side effects when it’s performed
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Provides deeper product penetration.
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Promotes smoother skin.
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peach fuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Works on all skin types.
Dermaplaning, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion are all skin resurfacing procedures. Each procedure uses different tools and takes off different amounts of skin. Dermaplaning uses a scalpel (knife) or razor to remove skin. Dermabrasion is a surgical procedure. Microdermabrasion is a nonsurgical procedure that uses an exfoliating blade to sand away your skin to smooth it and remove the appearance of scars.